Newbie Help w/Date Value and passing to VB5

From: Jeffrey T. Kempiners <jeffrey.t.kempiners_at_ac.com>
Date: 1998/04/28

Hello all,

        I have need of some collective expertise concerning an Oracle 7.3 server field containing a DATE datatype.
I need to pass this value to VB 5.0, where it will be manipulated and calculated against in several different formulas. I'm hoping there is a way to pass the native Oracle Date datatype to the native VB Date datatype, however it does not appear to be this simple.

I can retrieve the date/time stamp from oracle with the desired degree of accuracy, however I'm curious if any of you have experience with converting the returned values into VB datatypes which can more easily be manipulated.  More to the point, do any of you have a VB code example which demonstrates how to parse the (odbc) returned value into a native VB DATE?

Thanks in advance for you're help.

-Jeffrey T. Kempiners Received on Tue Apr 28 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT