Is OCI thread-safe?

From: Eric Anderson <ericNOCAPS_at_semaphore.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 17:22:00 -0700

Is ORACLE's OCI library thread safe? I had assumed it was until recently when I began getting some very peculiar runtime errors. Once under a heavy load (maybe 5 or more concurrent database accesses, each on it's own connection and cursor), my application will croak inside a function called kpumgs() (I assume that's a function located somewhere deep in the oracle libraries).

My platform is ORACLE 7.3 enterprise for solaris/sparc. Received on Tue Apr 28 1998 - 19:22:00 CDT