Re: Packages v Procedures/Functions

From: Iosif Tanasescu <a_at_j.smith>
Date: 28 Apr 1998 23:42:52 GMT

graeme_king_at_compuserve.com wrote in article <35451224.71D2_at_compuserve.com>...
> Hi folks
>
> Here's a question...
>
> Are procedures and functions always retrieved from disk when
> executed?...I know a package is loaded into memory (sga) when its
> referenced but does the rdbms ever store frequently used procedures and
> functions in memory also?

Yes, it does.
You could yoursef pin what you want into SGA, and make the objects the last candidates to swap from memory
Use Dbms_shared_pool package ( you must intall yourself if was not already installed on your database), and then
dbms_shared_pool.keep(...

You could find in ORACLE_HOME\RDBMSxx\ADMIN\dbmspool.sql and   prvtpool.plb

Bye

I.K. Received on Tue Apr 28 1998 - 18:42:52 CDT