Re: how do I insert after a query???

From: Jgitomer <jgitomer_at_aol.com>
Date: 29 Apr 1998 03:03:00 GMT

Hi Katt,

Can you make CUSTID the primary key for the table?

If you can Oracle will only permit unique rows to be added to your table and you won't have to do a query before inserting the data for the new customer.

Regards

Jerry

>I want to make a query weather a customer exists(by name with user
>input entry) and if not...want to
>create a new customer which will prompt for the name and any other
>details that are available.
>Can someone please put me on the right track.

Jerry Gitomer Since I know how to spell DBA, I became one. Received on Tue Apr 28 1998 - 22:03:00 CDT