SQL/Services Oracle Rdb ODBC HELP!

From: Mark Brunton <bruntonm_at_agresearch.cri.nz>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 98 18:59:34 GMT

Hi,

I have a problem with an Oracle RDB database and attaching to it with active server pages from a very simple web page.

I can access the database that resides on an Alpha through the OBDC test application and indeed through Visual Interdev's development environment from my machine and through the OBDC test application from the machine the web server is installed on but as soon as I try to view the page fron the browser I get

[Oracle][ODBC][Rdb]%SQLSRV-F-GETACCINF, SQL/Services authorization failed

The sqlsrv$.log file on the server says it is a password failure but it is the same connection I am using through the VI development environment. Am I missing something? The wall of my office is getting dented!

I do have the latest version of the Oracle ODBC drivers for Oracle Rdb. I have checked that the usercode etc has access to the database and that the SQL services process has access.

Any info would be appreciated,

Cheers,
Mark

Any opinions expressed herein are mine and not necessarily those of AgResearch

Mark Brunton
AgResearch
Invermay Agricultural Centre
Puddle Alley
P.O. Box 50034
Mosgiel
New Zealand

bruntonm_at_agresearch.cri.nz Received on Tue Apr 28 1998 - 13:59:34 CDT