[Fwd: Error installing Oracle 7 on HP]

From: Yossie A. Mousalli <mousalli_at_applicom.co.il>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 18:29:45 +0300

attached mail follows:

I have a new HP 9000/778 where I would like to install my new kit of Oracle 7 Release 7.3 for HP 9000 Series 700/800.

I defined the oracle user, dba group and .schrc environment file, and created the directories according to the Installation Guide.

When I run /cdrom/orainst/start.sh file from the /cdrom mounted device it works creating a new environment but when I try to run the file ./orainst located in the new CD_LINK/orainst directory, I get a message that my TERM or ORACLE_TERM is not supported. I am running this package remotely from a SunOS terminal that is defined

as "sun" in .schrc file.

When I run the orainst file from my cdrom directly it runs but cannot install successfully all my package. The message is:

Error during action 'Copy the Installers required files'.

Command: cp chkdrvrs chkadptrs /product4/oracle/base/orahome/orainst

cp: cannot access chkadptrs: No such file or directory

Thanks
Yossie Received on Tue Apr 28 1998 - 10:29:45 CDT