Re: Error in package

From: kiel <kiel_at_webpre.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 14:44:33 -0500

Jan Januska wrote:

> I have following problem.
> There are 2 accounts A and W.
> A is owner of table A_A. This table has public synonymum and is granted
> to W (rights select,import,update,delete)
> I have SQL-script using tables owned both A (table A_A) and W.
> When I start this script in SQL-Plus using account W, is everethink OK (
> no error message).
> I also created package (under account W) containing procedure having
> same code as that SQL-script. By compiling this package, I get this
> error message:
> PLS-00201: identifier 'A.A_A' must be declared
>
> What do I wrong?
> Missing some grant?
>
> Thanks for all advices,
> Jan Januska

It seems like you have stumbled over one of the many major annoyances of PL/SQL.
For some strange reason PL/SQL procedures don't recognize privileges granted to roles
(Does anybody know why the hell that is the case ??).

You will need to grant the necessary privileges to each user individually.
(MAJOR annoyance)

PLEASE anybody tell me that I am mistaken, and correct me.

Christian Received on Mon Apr 27 1998 - 14:44:33 CDT