SHIP_MODEL_COMPLETE_FLAG and BOMS

From: Jenny Farnham <farnham_at_spot.colorado.edu>
Date: 27 Apr 1998 21:15:36 GMT

For: Oracle Application User / Programmers

We are experiencing a situation which I think is totally wacko.

We have BOMS defined in our 10.6 Oracle Application. For example, our BOMS would be a (Chasis, Monitor and keyboard).

When we order a BOM, the ship_model_complete_flag is set to 'Y' for the MODEL, the Option Class, and the components.

If we order quantity of 10 for a specific BOM, and we have enough of the items to make up lets says, 5 of the BOMS, those 5 do not get pick released and shipped. It's as if Pick Release is waiting for the entire quantity ordered on the line before it will ship the BOMS. If we have 5 complete configurations (BOMS) we want them to pick release and ship.

Whereas if you ordered quantity 10 of a STANDARD item (a stand alone component, like a cable).... and 5 are in stock, those 5 will pick release and ship.

In both cases above, the SHIP_PARTIAL_FLAG is set to 'Y'.

Do, any of you BOM experts out there have a clue why our BOMS won't pick release when a certain amount of the quantities for the BOM will make up some of the configurations?

I'm guessing its a flag or something like that in the MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS table.

Thanks,
Jennifer
farnham_at_spot.colorado.edu

Release is waiting for all the quan Received on Mon Apr 27 1998 - 16:15:36 CDT