URGENT HELP ON ODBC

From: <mkolapalli_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 01:47:09 -0600

Hi!

    I am doing a project in my course DBMS.I have downloaded PERSONAL ORACLE 8 from oracle's ftp site.I have created tables in PO8.I want to create reports in access.I was trying to connect my local database from ACCESS97 through ODBC.But I encounter a message that "ODBC has failed" .I checked my oracle ODBC driver and it was there.Also the error message says that the service name can not be resolved.When installing the ODBC driver for ORACLE it asked me for a DATA SOURSE NAME and SERVICE NAME.I just typed a name.I don't know whether it is correct or not.I am novice so i don't have any idea what a datasourse is.I think this the problem why i could not connect to ACCESS97.

I have to submit my project on thu.