Forms 3 and SQL*Net

From: Les Middlestadt <lmiddlestadt_at_cga-ontario.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 09:46:11 -0400

I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a solution to the following problem:

  1. We are currently running Oracle Server for Netware 7.2.
  2. We are running Forms 3 applications on Windows95 clients and connecting using SQL*Net 1.1
  3. We are planning a migration to Oracle Workgroup Server for WindowsNT 7.3.

Our problem is that OWS NT does not seem to support SQL*Net V1.1. It is no longer bundled with the software and attempts to make SQL*Net Server 1.1 from previous versions of OWS NT run on 7.3 have failed. Our long term plan is to upgrade all of our Forms 3 applications to Forms 5 (and SQL*Net 2.X) but in the the short term I need a way to make Forms 3 work against a 7.3 database.

I understand that Oracle no longer supports SQL*Net 1.1 and Forms 3 so I am looking for an un-official or un-supported solution that I can use in the interim while we finish migrating our applications.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Received on Fri Apr 24 1998 - 08:46:11 CDT