Re: Oracle problem... any ideas?

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 02:07:19 GMT

On 24 Apr 1998 22:59:37 GMT, "Jim" <cramerj_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

>Then I put in my company name and directory. Next it asks
>if I want to update the Autoexec.bat with the new path. Choosing either yes
>or no gets the following error message:
>
>(the system has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down) below
>are the details:

I get this sometimes when installing Oracle client software on a PC. I get around it by restarting the install and telling the installer not to update the autoexec.bat file. Then, after the install is done, I come back and manually add the oranw95\bin directory to the path.

Jonathan Received on Fri Apr 24 1998 - 21:07:19 CDT