Distributed Databases

From: <resquivel_at_thassap.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 08:26:43 -0600

Hi:

   My name is Rodrigo Esquivel L and I'm Dba in a business with sites in two different cities, actually I running in one of the sites the database and the other comunicate it through a dedicated line, the problem is that the line don`t have a great bandwith(64 K) so the communications are slow so we plan to distributed the Databases in the two sites.I can't use replication option because I'm using a 7.3.3 Workgroup license and we can't afford to buy a Enterprise. So I plan to use dblinks and triggers for update, delete and insert for each table in the two databses so when it detects one of this operations in the local database it do the same in the remote database. I know i don't have to worry about the integrity in case the line is down because of the 2pc and the reco process but there are little things I don`t feel pretty secure for example the Commit_point_Strength use so if any of you Oracle DBA gurues have any experience in Distributed Data and want to help giving your opinion to this novice in this matter I really appreciate it