ORA-06108 and OS/2 Warp client

From: Jbpamdaws <jbpamdaws_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 11:41:30 -0700

We have a Pro-C Oracle client (via Borland C++ for OS/2) that tries to talk to a UNIX Oracle database using SQL-NET (1? 2?). When we run this beast on a OS/2 2.1 box it works, but when we run it on an "identically configured" Warp box it connects the first time, but the SECOND time it spits up an error 06108. The "oerr" answer to this is just "turn on your TCP/IP!"

Please feel free to request more details if I'v omitted something I consider boring but is actually important.