Re: Orcale NT vs Unix Performance

From: <mpir_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 07:49:15 -0600

As it happens, I did a quick and dirty test yesterday on 7 platforms-- 5 Unix, 1 NT and 1 Win95. It was a PL/SQL insert (real simple) that could run on each platform. The NT4.0(4 CPUs) ran the same as an HPUX 10.2(3 cpus) and HPUX 11.0(2 CPUs)---they got an insert rate of 3.6 million inserts an hour, based on 1000 rows into a test table.. The NT/HP beat AIX, but the AIX machines were 1 cpu. There are different size SGA's, different disk storage arrangements, yada yada yada, so your results may vary, but it was interesting.