Re: To the moderator

From: Larry Weiss <lfw_at_airmail.net>
Date: 1998/04/22

John Dwyer wrote:
> i didn't think comp.lang.c _was_ a moderated newsgroup(?), becuase
> there is comp.lang.c.moderated.

It isn't. But is is possible for local newsservers to have only subsets of the articles available for reading. Whenever I have to solve a mystery about the visibility of a post, I go over to a archive site like Deja News and see what they have. Deja News is not a full set either (for example they honor the header line that requests that a post not be archived) but it usually helps solve simple scenarios of article distribution and retention.

     http://www.dejanews.com/home_ps.shtml

is the form that I use to get Deja News to look something up for me.