Re: To the moderator

From: Richard Stamp <rgs20_at_cam.ac.uk>
Date: 1998/04/22

In article <6hleti$41e$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>, <sysdev_at_adpsystems.mb.ca> wrote:
>To the C moderator, and the Oracle moderator.

comp.lang.c is certainly not moderated or retro-moderated, and as far as I can see on brief inspection, comp.databases.oracle.misc isn't either.

If it were moderated, and the moderator had bounced your article, you wouldn't have a right of appeal. This is just how moderated groups work.

>I have noticed that my post concerning makefiles
>has been removed. This is actually an interdisciplined
>question, between C, Unix, and Oracle. I posted to
>all these newsgroups.

Your post is still visible on my server, at least.

Though it's possible that someone has cancelled your article without authority, it's more likely that you're having local problems with your news software which is preventing you from seeing your article. We in comp.lang.c had someone a while back make a similar complaint and it turned out his news server had just crashed and lost some articles.

Alternatively, perhaps you're confused by the fact that some people chose to follow up only in the UNIX-related groups, believing (in my opinion correctly) that these were the most approproate groups for the discussion. This is their absolute right. If you crosspost to several groups, you have to be prepared to check for replies in any one of them.

Cheers,
Richard

--
Richard Stamp