Re: Connecting to non-default database in Oracle 7

From: Keith Jamieson <pdkj02_at_email.mot.com>
Date: 1998/04/22

There are two methods of connecting to multiple databases within embedded sql. If you dont need to be connected to different databases at the same time then you can use the normal exec sql connect :USERNAME identified by :PASSWORD using :SERVER.
You must then issue an exec sql COMMIT WORK RELEASE before issuing another exec sql statement to connect to your other database. This method is useful if you do not want to hardcode your databases.
The other method is to declare the databases you are going to connect to, in embedded c.
This is documented in the pro*c manual.

Keith Jamieson