Re: Help wanted Oracle ODBC ACCESS

From: mark tomlinson <marktoml_at_gdi.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 17:07:37 GMT

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998 17:10:08 -0600, keesw_at_cura.net wrote:

>I am using Microsoft Access 97 and Oracle 73 ODBC Version2.5 to access an
>Oracle database vs 7.3 on Windows NT server. Connecting works fine as long as
>I keep transactions running. As soon as I don't handle any transactions for a
>short time (lets say for about .. seconds)I get the following message:
>
>[Oracle][ODBC Oracle Driver][Oracle OCI]Ora-01017: Invalid username/password;
>logon denied. [#1017]{Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's
>SQLSetConnectAttr failed(#0).
>
>I have to shutdown the application and restart it again to be able to continue
>working
>
>It sounds to me like some time-out mechanism is braking up the connection. But
>i've got no idea why, where and how.
>
>Anybody who can tell me more?????

>http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

Change the Jet timeout value to something longer...

Look in the registry under:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Jet\3.0\Engines\ODBC (or)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Jet\3.5\Engines\ODBC

Add/change the following values to whatever you like: QueryTimeout
[Cancel queries that don't finish in S seconds (default:60) ]

LoginTimeout
[Cancel log-in attempts that don't finish in S seconds (default: 20) ] Received on Wed Apr 22 1998 - 12:07:37 CDT