Inserting Graphic-file through Web-form

From: René <rene_at_webhost.co.za>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 17:26:21 +0200

Hi again,

Thanks to the help I was given before!!!!!!!! It was VERY helpful.

I am programming an Oracle8 web site which is running on Sun/Solaris, and need to give the user the ability to add an image (.gif or.jpg) which would be associated with his record. I am programming the whole system in Textpad, and hence do not have access to Forms.

I believe I would possibly need to make use of LOB's. I have looked at the online Oracle documentation, but the further I read the more confusing it all seems. I am HOPING that someone out there has an easy answer for me????

The user would need to be able to point to the file on his hard-drive, through some browsing utility, and submit it into the Database, live. Once again ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Desperately yours :)
Rene Received on Wed Apr 22 1998 - 10:26:21 CDT