Re: High diskread ? why ?

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_ictgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 07:34:01 -0400

Hi Matthias,

What is the basis for your recommendation for SGA size vs server RAM?

I could be wrong (I often am), but I would think that in OLAP applications that you could go to a much higher percentage of RAM since you have fewer users (typically) and much larger tables.

Also what about situations when the server RAM is 1GB or more?

Regards

Jerry

--

Jerry Gitomer         	ICT Group