student needs help with SQL

From: Prescott Pym <ppym_at_vic.bigpond.net.au>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 06:45:57 GMT

Can anyone help me out....

for an assignment we have a table called film which stores info about films....what i can't figure out is how to use the insert command to insert the year made into a date object, ie

insert into film(film_no, film_name, filmmaker_id, date_added, year_made) values('1', 'X-Files Movie', '1', '12 May 1998', TO_CHAR(1998, 'YYYY');

we have to store the date as YYYY, I don't know how to do it..

any help appreciated Received on Wed Apr 22 1998 - 01:45:57 CDT