Re: Connecting to non-default database in Oracle 7

From: Konstantin Kivi <konst_at_sirena.rinet.ru>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 07:09:46 GMT

Robert Yang <NOSPAM_ryang_at_teleport.com_NOSPAM> wrote:
> Hi,

> However, I cannot see how to do this with OCI or even Embedded SQL.
> It would seem that the database name must be specified for non-default
> databases, e.g. "Select Name from MyDatabase.MyTable".

> Any insight would be appreciated !
> --
> Rob Yang
> Sr. Software Engineer
> San Jose, CA, USA

Take a look at SqlNet and db_links

You can also make a multipule connections from one program without SqlNet with OCI. Just putenv ORACLE_SID before orlon

--
Sincerely Yours, Konstantin Kivi, Russia, konst_at_sirena.rinet.ru

    aka <k-kivi_at_usa.net>, 2:5020/457.24_at_fidonet.org           Received on Tue Apr 21 1998 - 02:09:46 CDT