Help wanted Oracle ODBC ACCESS

From: <keesw_at_cura.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 17:10:08 -0600

I am using Microsoft Access 97 and Oracle 73 ODBC Version2.5 to access an Oracle database vs 7.3 on Windows NT server. Connecting works fine as long as I keep transactions running. As soon as I don't handle any transactions for a short time (lets say for about .. seconds)I get the following message:

[Oracle][ODBC Oracle Driver][Oracle OCI]Ora-01017: Invalid username/password; logon denied. [#1017]{Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed(#0).

I have to shutdown the application and restart it again to be able to continue working

It sounds to me like some time-out mechanism is braking up the connection. But i've got no idea why, where and how.

Anybody who can tell me more?????