Re: Connecting to non-default database in Oracle 7

From: Jeremy Russell <jeremyr_at_techie.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 12:04:34 GMT

Rob, you can create different "schema's" i.e. almost like user's, in one Oracle database - and by using a different "connect" statement, switch between the same set of tables defined for each user. Or, you can set up completely different sets of physical database files and choose between the database to select by changing the Oracle SID (System IDentifier). The first style sounds closer to your description of SQL Server ... hope that helps a little -- on which OS are you running Oracle?

Jeremy Russell