Re: Changing a column

From: Roel <r.peeters_at_nospam.iname.com>
Date: 21 Apr 1998 11:24:48 GMT

Hi!
No, Oracle does not permit to modify column names. One way is to add a new column with the correct name, and make the other obsolete. Oracle does not generate scripts, you can use an application like S-Designer to generate modify scripts. This application allows you to work out a conceptual datamodel, then generate a physical datamodel and after that it can generate an Oracle Script. Once you have these models and change them S-Designer can generate modification scripts. S-Designer can be used with Oracle, SQL Server, Informix etc.
Hope this helps.

Roel Peeters
r.peeters_at_euro-partners.nospam.nl
Euro-Partners Informatici

---
Remove nospam for the valid email address

Sbaiz <pierluigi.sbaiz_at_elsag.it> wrote in article <01bd6cf1$f948ae10$b8cd5997_at_sbaiz>...