Re: Database trigger table issue.

From: Pepe Lima <pplima_at_jet.es>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 22:38:19 +0200

Alan D. Mills escribió en mensaje <6hfmc3$dpn$1_at_schbbs.mot.com>...
>I have a database trigger which fires on update of all records of a
specific
>table (say TABLEA). What I actually wish to do is to perform more DML on
>the same table within the trigger.
>
>I get error 4091 "Table owner.tablea is mutating". It seems I cannot
>reference tablea from anywhere within the trigger firing from it.
>
>Is there a work around for this?
>
>--
>Alan D. Mills
>
>To email remove NOSPAM from address.

You only can refer the triggered table in a statement level trigger (before or after), not in a row level trigger. If you want to see the rows involved in the event, mark it in the row level trigger. To bookmark it create a new temporary table to record the primary keys involved or justt add a new column to the original table. Then, in the after statement level trigger execute the action you need and unmark the rows (deleting from temporary table or updating new column). Received on Mon Apr 20 1998 - 15:38:19 CDT