Dynamic SQL in PL/SQL

From: Christian Scholz <christian.scholz_at_syskoplan.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 00:30:59 +0200

I have a problem with the DBMS_SQL Package in a PL/SQL Procedure. I try to generate a INSERT INTO statement and execute it with dynamic SQL.
This works fine with a short statement. When I try to parse a long statement with DBMS_SQL.PARSE(... ); the Database throws an exeption. The sql error is -936.
I tried to use an PL/SQL table as the parameter, too. I work with an Oracle 7.3 Server running PL/SQL on the server. Are there known Problems with Dynamic SQL and long statements? What does the error mean?
How can I get information about the errorcode from the system?

I would be pleased about every help.

Christian Scholz Received on Sun Apr 19 1998 - 17:30:59 CDT