Invalid Cursor Error

From: Eric Junkermann <eric_at_deptj.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 16:46:53 GMT

We have the following as type 2 dynamic SQL:

insert into my_table (date_field, other_field) select sysdate, other_field from my_table where rowid = :bind_variable
;

It is prepared, then executed, but gets "duplicate key in index". The statement is then executed again immediately, and gets "invalid cursor (ORA-1001)".

Why?

This is very old code, but we know what it's trying to do, and how we would re-write it if we were allowed (we're not), but what we don't understand is why it gets the ORA-1001.

TIA Eric Received on Sat Apr 18 1998 - 11:46:53 CDT