Re: How can I make a table on DB2-Mainframe appear as Oracle view.

From: David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net>
Date: 1998/04/17

One product that would work is Oracle Transparent Gateway for DB2/MVS. This is a listener process that runs on an MVS mainframe, and makes the mainframe DB2 database look like another Oracle database to Oracle. You can create dblinks that point to the mainframe, so (obviously) you could easily create a view that is a "SELECT ... FROM table_name_at_DB2nnn". We use OTG for DB2/400, but I'm reasonably sure that OTG for DB2/MVS works pretty much the same.

Good luck,
Dave