Re: Need Help with another SQL query

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 02:50:57 GMT

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998 13:26:07 -0600, dwarakv_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> I need to write a query which lists all the proj_id, and the difference in
>number of records with end_date > sysdate and end_date> (sysdate-7).

Something like this might work:

	select proj_id, count_1 - count_2
  	from
		(select proj_id, count(*) count_1
		from XXX
		where end_date > sysdate) XXX_1
		(select proj_id, count(*) count_2
		from XXX
		where end_date > sysdate+7) XXX_2
	where XXX_1.proj_id = XXX_2.proj_id;

The query has two subselects. One returns the project IDs and the counts where end_date > sysdate. The other returns the same info for the case where end_date > sysate+7. I joined the two subqueries on project_id so that each row in the result set contains both counts.

Does this help?

Jonathan Received on Fri Apr 17 1998 - 21:50:57 CDT