Re: Encrypting data in PL/SQL

From: Saad Ahmad <saad.ahmad_at_mchugh.com>
Date: 16 Apr 1998 21:50:53 GMT

Well, there is dbms_utility.get_hash_value. It is great for hashing (i hash SQL statements and never get a collission) ... but don't use this for encryption since there is no guarentee that the function will remain the same over various PL/SQL versions.

One simple solution may be to write an encryption server in C and have the PL/SQL procedures request it over the pipe

vishnuv_at_yahoo.com wrote in article <6h5odc$5r3$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
> Hi,
> Is there any encryption mechanism available in PL/SQL. I want to store
data in
> encrypted format in the database, and I don't want to use 'C' or any
other
> language except PL/SQL. One way hash mechanism is good enough for me.
Please