ora-205 can not mount

From: John Green <john.green_at_tri.tower.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 16:07:35 +1200

we had trouble with personal oracle importing on win95 from an export from an NT server. We then imported on an NT work station (using D:\orawin95 as the directory) and copied the *.ora files from the D:\winora95\database files to the same drive and directory structure on a win95 PC. However I get the following error.

ora-205
can not mount database.

Are the NT and win95 versions of the orcale database tables so different that the above
method is not valid? Or is there another possible solution

John Received on Wed Apr 15 1998 - 23:07:35 CDT