Object view question

From: Kumar Jandayala <kumarj_at_clientlink.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 15:23:37 -0400

I am playing around with the oo features of oracle 8 and I have a question with object views.

I have created a table with a self reference (ex. employee table with manager id pointing back to employee table) I then created a type as object with a REF to itself. I am attempting to create an object view of the relational table using the object type, but I am having a problem with the MAKEREF for the self

reference. I need to specify the object view (which i am trying to create) in the makeref. How do I get around this problem?

Please help!

Kumar Jandayala Received on Wed Apr 15 1998 - 14:23:37 CDT