Re: Oracle performance decrease using Access7

From: Kevin P. Fleming <kfleming_at_access-laserpress.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 13:28:54 -0700

This means that Access can't identify a uniquely indexed field to use as the Primary Key for updates to the table. It's asking you to do so on it's behalf. In this situation, with no primary key, Access' RecordSets will be extremely inefficient because it has no way to form a primary key other than using the contents of every field in the row. This is why your performance was so bad.

With a primary key, Access can request the rows using a short, small list of primary keys. Without seeing your actual table definition, I can't tell you why Access is asking for this information, though.