POL: Why needs DELETE so much time???

From: Andreas Seebeck <A.Seebeck_at_t-online.de>
Date: 15 Apr 1998 11:00:16 GMT

Hi,
I have another problem with Personal Oracle Lite: The command
DELETE FROM table WHERE nr = 100000
needs hours (in a table with 300000 records)! The command
SELECT * FROM table WHERE nr = 100000
on the same table needs just milliseconds. nr is the primary index, of course.

Can anybody tell me what kind of sh... happens here? If this problem can't be solved, how can Oracle sell such a database? And we have to buy a new database and begin developing again...

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Andreas

--

This Message was send via Microsoft Mail and News Received on Wed Apr 15 1998 - 06:00:16 CDT