Re: MSAccess to Oracle

From: Bob Young <rcyoung_at_groupz.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 10:33:00 -0400

Also watch out for how you get the data uploaded. If you "export " the Access tables to an SQL database via ODBC, the resulting table names may not be readily 'visible' on the Oracle side, but can be seen from Access. I believe it has to do with how Oracle treats some 'reserved' names. Don't hold me to it, but I think you have to refer to the tables from Oracle with "" around the name(?).

MY experience with this is a couple of years old (Access 2.0) and the newer version may have solved the problem. I am afraid that the details are 'fuzzy' in my mind right now, but it is something to watch for.

Anyone else out there have a better memory than I on the subject?