Re: Slow response from a table

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_p3.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 23:17:00 -0400

Hi Ben,

Did you run ANALYZE against the table?

Also check for chained rows. If your PCTFREE isn't large enough and you are adding/updating VARCHAR or VARCHAR2 columns you can wind up with more extents than there are grains of sand -- well it seems that way.

Regards

Jerry

--
Jerry Gitomer Since I know how to spell DBA I became one. jgitomer_at_p3.net Received on Mon Apr 13 1998 - 22:17:00 CDT