Easy Configure a Port?

From: Mark Aurit <mark_aurit_at_mail.northgrum.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 22:34:36 GMT

An admin gave me the ip address and instance name I need to configure SQL*NET Easy Configuration to recognize the database. Ive used this in the past with success, so I specified both and was unable to connect. The admin tells me I need to indicate the port, and that his Oracle8 Easy Configure asks for it. Its a 7.3 database, and Im using a 7.x Easy Configure,
and it aint happening. There is no "Port" dialog, and when I tried an the ip of xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:pppp where pppp=port, that did not work either. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Mark
mark_aurit AT mail.northgrum.com Received on Mon Apr 13 1998 - 17:34:36 CDT