Bit-Mapped Indexing

From: Cherie Machler <cmachler_at_winternet.com>
Date: 13 Apr 1998 19:22:26 GMT

I know that in order to create a bit-mapped index you need to set the COMPATABLE flag to 7.3.3 or later but I thought I heard some where that you had to purchase the parallel option (or some option).

I remember thinking at the time that it sounded strange.

What exactly do I need to do to be able to generate bit-mapped indexes.
--
Cherie Machler
Consultant, Data By Design, Inc.