Re: Primary Key and and Index

From: Alan V <alanv_at_opustel.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 15:44:36 -0400

A primary key MUST have an index. An index does not have to have a matching constraint. If you create aprimary key without storage constraints, it creates an index in your default tablespace with default storage. And anytime a Primary Key is disabled, the matching index is dropped. So, you can leave the constraint alone, but rebuild the index.

Alan V.