Re: Usage of RowId...

From: Donna Hormozian <khormoz_at_inforamp.net>
Date: 1998/04/12

Oracle doesn't have an equivalent to timestamp. It is built to support pessimistic locking. A possible solution would be to carry an extra column in each table, which would store a unique number, possibly from a sequence, which would be updated every time a database change was made. I don't recommend using a date/time column because Oracle dates only store seconds, which is probably not granular enough for concurrency checking.

Hope this helps,
Kurosh Hormozian
Visioneering Partners Incorporated

Brian K. Lawton <NOSPAM.Lawton_at_RDAConsultants.Com> wrote in article <6gnqgc$86d$1_at_ha2.rdc1.md.home.com>...
> If I'm trying to implement optimistic concurrency within my database, is
 the
> RowId attribute the correct place to be checking? If not, what is
 Oracle's