Re: Usage of RowId...

From: Thor HW <thor_at_Echidna.net>
Date: 1998/04/11

why??? you have to use that timestamp technique in SQLServer, because they don't have row level locking, oracle only locks it when you're changing the row.
AND unlike others writers don't block readers and readers don't block writers.
you also don't have to worry about the dirty read problem either. Let the db handle it for you....
Thor HW