Re: Needed Canadian Postal Codes with Longitude and Latitude

From: Brian Inglis <Brian.Inglis_at_CadVision.com>
Date: 1998/04/11

On 8 Apr 1998 14:03:28 GMT, "Bart Colosino" <bart_at_accesscom.net> wrote:

>We are looking for an ascii file with the Cansdian Postal codes and
>longitude and latitude for a project. Anyone having a database of this
>sort, please contact me at bart_at_accesscom.net
>
>Thanks in Advance
>Bart
>
>Data Format needed:
>
>postal code,city/county name, lattitude & longitude (in decimal degrees)

Bart,
Canadian postal codes map to one side of a street segment (walk). There does not seem to be any geographical correlation. The urban mapping is roughly letter=province digit+letter=municipality/city area digit=subdivision letter+digit=walk/street segment+(odd or even) address range. Canadian telcos publish these at the back of directories. You may need to try to get a hold of one of these lists, plus a street address to lat/long list, and join the info to get what you want. Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis Received on Sat Apr 11 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT