Oracle Financials Printing - Need Help

From: Austin Durbin <adurbin_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 23:41:32 -0700

I'm the technical manager and Oracle DBA for a west coast bank. My boss has brought in a consulting firm to install Oracle Financials. The environment is Oracle 7.3.3, Financials 10.7, all running on NT 4.0 servers and NT 4.0 workstations.

The consultants are telling me that I need to configure a printer on the Server's LPT1 port in order for the Oracle Financials Concurrent Manager Service to be able to print GL reports. Once I do this they can then register the various network printers with Oracle Financials.

What the heck are these guys talking about? How in the world does hanging a local printer on the server allow a Service running on the server to print reports to the desired network printers (all using jetdirect cards)? Either I'm missing something or I've got some consultants that are unfamilar with NT environments.

Could someone who is running an Oracle Financials environment on NT, please take a few minutes and give me a quick overview of what really needs to be setup on the NT server, or alternatively point me to the appropriate FAQ or other resource that would give me an overview. Received on Sat Apr 11 1998 - 01:41:32 CDT