Re: Network Installation of Oracle Client

From: Al <al_at_work>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 15:01:18 -0400

Yes, we have thousands of users.

  1. Install SQL*Net onto a "virgin" workstation. Configure your SQLNET.ORA and/or TNSNAMES.ORA. Save the install directory (i.e. C:/ORAWIN, C:/ORAWIN95, C:/ORANT)
  2. For 32-bit SQL*Net, export the registry settings under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE] into a file called SQLNET.REG.
  3. For 16-bit SQL*Net, set aside the ORACLE.INI, VSL.INI, MSOCKLIB.DLL and MWINSOCK.DLL files.

Now your ready to install.....

For each client :

4. Map to a LAN directory that contains to installed software (from #1), or copy the directory to a local drive.

5. For 32-bit SQL*Net , run the SQLNET.REG file (from #2)

6. For 16-bit SQL*Net, copy the saved files into your active windows directory (i.e. C:\WINDOWS, C:\WIN95, C:\WINNT)

7. Put the <install directory>/BIN directory into your path.