Re: ODBC for access7

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 18:18:15 GMT

If you are able to do this in an interactive mode, an easy solution would be to use the tools you already have.

If you have an Access97 database, you can use Access (and the corresponding Oracle ODBC driver) to connect to an Oracle database. Create in Oracle the table you want to insert into, attach this table in Access97, and then simply issue the statement:

INSERT INTO AttachedOracleTable SELECT * FROM LocalAccessTable

On Thu, 09 Apr 1998 11:02:08 -0500, Peter Chang <p-chang_at_ti.com> wrote:

>Hi you all,
>Can someone tell me how can I read/write data from Access97 and EXCEL
>to ORACLE. Thanks.

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com

jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Thu Apr 09 1998 - 13:18:15 CDT