Re: ODBC connect string in Infomaker

From: mark tomlinson <marktoml_at_gdi.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 12:43:56 GMT

On Wed, 08 Apr 1998 17:24:08 +0200, aptime <aptime_at_imaginet.fr> wrote:

>Hi folks
>
>I'm trying to get an ODBC connexion to Oracle 7.3 using Powersoft
>Infomaker
>(included in Sybase Adaptive Server Pack).
>It seems that the connect string "login/password_at_database" is not
>correct.
>Where can I find the complete (and correct) connect string ?
>
>The message is : "ODBC error : ODBC Oracle driver : Connection not
>open".
>
>Thanks for help.

The error sounds suspiciously as if you are using an old Level 1, (version 1.xx), Oracle ODBC driver with the new 3.x ODBC Administrator components, (from Microsoft). Check the version of the Oracle ODBC driver. Check the version of the ODBC Administrator in your control panel, (does it have 'tabs' accros the top?), if it is version 3.x then you must use one of the newer, (2.x or 8.x), versions of the Oracle ODBC driver. The ODBC connect string us usually just the SQL*Net alias, which you setup when you configure the DSN in the Administrator. Received on Thu Apr 09 1998 - 07:43:56 CDT