Re: ASP script hangs on ADO Open

From: Paul Holmes <pholmes_at_unlimited.com>
Date: 1998/04/08

We have the same problem. Initially we were three asp apps in their own address space and at least one of the three would start failing 100% soon after restart.

We're now running them in IIS space, and the problem is much more intermittent.

Incidentally, before we made the switch, there was exactly one connection for every asp app that hadn't timed out, and a corresponding mtx.exe at the NT end. After we made the switch, there is only one connection showing at the Oracle end. What I'm wondering is what this says about connection pooling:
- We've got it turned off?
- It only uses multiple connections when there are seperate asp apps running in their own space?

Hmm.