Re: SQL Question

From: Matt Griffiths <nospam_itsystems_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 23:16:15 GMT

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it, however I am still having a problem.
Your date select statement is working perfectly, and this is probably my fault for not making it clearer in my first post. I need to count 'types' of defect that occur on each day, not EVERY defect that occurs as identified by FIND_ID.

Defect 'Types' are identifed by DEFECTIVE_SUBSYSTEM, DEFECT_SYMPTOM_CODE, PROBLEM_TYPE, DEFECTIVE_PART DEFECTIVE_CONNECTOR, DEFECT_CAUSE, ACTION_TAKEN... in other words, the fields in VIEW_1 and hence the reason for creating the View.
The output View I am hoping to obtain would look something like:-

Date|Subsys|Symptom|Prob|Part|Conn.|Cause|Action| Count

  -1     Su1       Sy1       Pr1  Pa1  Co1    Ca1    Ac1      12
  -2     Su2       Sy2       Pr2  Pa2  Co2    Ca2    Ac2      40
  -3     Su3       Sy3       Pr3  Pa3  Co3    Ca3    Ac3      27
..etc

Where Count is the number of FIND_ID's of each defect 'Type' for a particular day and each of the defect attributes are grouped. If that makes any sense !! :o)

Sorry for any confusion - I hope you can help

Best Regards

Matt