[Fwd: Connect to MS Access from Oracle tools]

From: han-linz <han-linz_at_magnet.at>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 10:01:25 +0200

Hi!

My name is Saban, and we have a problem in our company in Linz/Austria concerning Oracle 7.3 and MS-Access 97. We want to run Access on top of Oracle and retrieve the information with embedded SQL using the Microsoft Visual C/C++ compiler (Version 4.1).

When running in the debug mode, we get an error message (unknown exception), and as you expect, cannot continue. :-(

My question is if there is anybody out there who had this/a similar problem, and - more important than that - anybody with a workaround?

Thank you for any useful answer. You can mail it also to me. My address: e_saban_at_handata.com.

Ahmet Ekrem SABAN
Khevenhüllerstaße 14, A-4020 Linz

attached mail follows:

I don't see why you want to do that. In my opinion, that is not even possible, since both tools go through Oracle client software (SQLNet). If you want to access the MS Access database you'd better use tools like the BDE from Borland and SQL Explorer. The BDE is an extra layer ontop of the database driver software. You could also use an ODBC driver to connect.

Roel Peeters
r.peeters_at_euro-partners.nl
Euro-Partners Informatici

LS <lsingh_at_compuserve.com> wrote in article <VA.0000001b.0029c40d_at_lsgway233.COMPUSERVE.COM>...
> Anyone know how I can connect to a MS Access database from the Oracle
SQL*Plus or Forms4.5 tools